Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapy Training
The MindSpace Clinic is pleased to present Integrating Mindfulness into Psychotherapy, a two-day training for psychologists, psychotherapists, and other mental health professionals interested in enhancing their practice through the personal and professional use of mindfulness.
The training will be given in French.
- Dates: May 24 & 25, 2017
- Location: Centre St-Pierre; 1212 Panet, Montreal, Québec
- Time: 9am-5pm
- Trainers: Dr. Julien Lacaille and Dr. Andréanne Élie
- Registration fees: $450; $395 for students
OPQ members are eligible for 14 hours of OPQ continuing education credits (RA01013-14).
Click here to register!
More on Mindfulness in Psychotherapy
Originally taught as a Buddhist practice 2,500 years ago, mindfulness in its current, westernized form refers to a state of deliberate attention and focus in the present moment, with an open and accepting attitude. Today, decades of research have confirmed mindfulness as a validated and effective intervention for a variety of mental and physical health problems, and an increasing number of psychologists and psychotherapists are incorporating mindfulness into their clinical practice.
Any client who reports difficulty relaxing, difficulty concentrating, chronic stress, frequent rumination about the past, or frequent projection into future scenarios is likely to benefit from mindfulness training.
As a participant in Integrating Mindfulness into Psychotherapy, you’ll learn tools to:
- Be more present during psychotherapy
- Modify unhelpful patterns in your interactions with clients
- Promote calm, clarity, and improved quality of life in clients
- Easily integrate mindfulness interventions into psychotherapy
- Become familiar with the concept of mindfulness and its historical context
- Experience mindfulness via guided meditation and experiential exercises
- Learn to teach mindfulness to clients
- Learn tips for establishing a personal mindfulness practice
Click here to register!
More on Dr. Élie
Andréanne Élie, M.D., FRCPC, has been practicing psychiatry since 1998. She is a teacher at Université de Montréal. She works at Clinique Psyché, MindSpace Clinic, and Pierre-Le Gardeur Hospital. She has completed several mindfulness training programs, including the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) intensive program with Jon Kabat-Zinn at Omega centre, an intensive training in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) with Dr. Zindel Segal, and an Advanced Teacher Training in MBCT in 2016. Dr. Élie has been leading MBSR and MBCT groups at Le Gardeur for the past 7 years. Dr. Élie has been practicing mindfulness meditation for over 13 years, and teaching mindfulness to physicians for the past four years.