Introduction to Mindfulness for Psychotherapists
The MindSpace Clinic is pleased to present Introduction to Mindfulness for Psychotherapists, a two-day experiential training for psychologists, psychotherapists, and other mental health professionals interested in enhancing their clinical practice through the personal and professional use of mindfulness.
The training will be given in French.
- Dates: November 16th and 17th
- Location: Parc du Domaine Vert
- Time: 9am-5pm
- Trainer: Dr. Julien Lacaille
- Registration fees: $480
Mindfulness and Psychotherapy
Originally taught as a Buddhist practice 2,500 years ago, mindfulness in its current, westernized form refers to a state of deliberate attention and focus in the present moment, with an open and accepting attitude. Today, decades of research have confirmed mindfulness as a validated and effective intervention for a variety of mental and physical health problems, and an increasing number of psychologists and psychotherapists are incorporating mindfulness into their clinical practice.
As a participant in Introduction to Mindfulness for Psychotherapists, you’ll be introduced to the practice of mindfulness, both theoretically and experientially, in order to help you establish your own personal mindfulness practice as well as incorporate it in your clinical work.
- Become familiar with the concept of mindfulness and its historical context
- Learn key and useful scientific findings that support the practice of mindfulness
- Experience a wide range of guided mindfulness meditations
- Learn the basics of how to incorporate mindfulness in psychotherapy
- Access resources for establishing a personal mindfulness practice